FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need an account to place an order?
How do I place an online order?
- Log into your wholesale account. You can use this for future orders, to review previous orders, and to save items to your Wishlist.
- Once you have chosen your products, add them to your cart by clicking on "Add to Cart" button.
- Fill in the delivery information: receiver’s name and address and select your delivery method.
- Complete the payment information.
- Review your order and submit it.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
I've forgotten my password, what should I do?
- Follow the forgot your password link on our Sign In page and enter your email address. You’ll then receive an email with a link to reset your password.
How long can I keep items in my shopping bag?
- If you have already signed into your personal Assouline account, the items placed in your shopping bag are automatically preserved.
- Assouline cannot guarantee the future availability of the pieces placed in your Wishlist or your shopping bag. Please note that unavailable items will be removed from you Shopping Cart.
Can I modify my order after it has been placed?
- Orders cannot be altered once they are placed.
- If you need to make changes to your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Shipping information, including delivery address, cannot be modified once the order has already been shipped.
- Please note, shipping and delivery information for orders purchased through PayPal may not be modified once the order has been submitted.
Can I cancel my order after it has been placed?
- We will honor an order cancellation within 30 minutes after receiving your order confirmation.
- If you need to cancel your order, please reach out to email@example.com, explaining the reason for the cancellation.
- Pre-order items are exempt as long as the products have not shipped.
Is there an order minimum?
- There is a $1,000 Net Order Minimum (excluding shipping expenses) for all orders placed. Any orders below $1,000 will automatically be cancelled.
- All travel series books are sold at a minimum cartoon quantity of 4.
- Please note that your standard discount is not applicable on the Ultimate Collection, which can only be discounted up to 40%.
Will I be charged sales tax?
- International orders could be subject to import taxes, custom duties and fees once the shipment arrives at its destination. The recipient may be responsible for such charges, and the charge can vary from country to country.
Where can I find New releases?
- All new releases can be found under the New Arrivals page.
- We encourage you to sign up for our newsletter for the latest product news.
What does Pre-Order mean?
- Pre-Order items are products that can be purchased in advance. Estimated time frames are indicated on the product detail page and may take several weeks, potentially arriving sooner or later than estimated. You may at any time cancel your pre-ordered item if your item(s) has not shipped yet.
When will a new release become available for pre-order?
- Products will be available on the website for Pre-Order two weeks before they are expected to be in stock at our warehouse. Please note that dates are subject to change with or without notice.
When do I have to pay for a Pre-Order?
- Pre-Order items require full payment at checkout.
What if an item is out-of-stock?
- If an item you are interested in is not available for purchase or pre-order, you can request an “Email Me When” notification. Once the item is available, you will receive an email from us immediately.
- We encourage you to sign up for our newsletter for the latest product news including back-in-stock notifications.
How to place a special order?
- Upon request, for volume discounts, personalization, and specialty gifting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Assouline accepts the following forms of payment for online purchases:
- American Express
- Apple Pay
- Shop Pay
Will I be charged sales tax?
- All products sold on our wholesale website are sales tax exempt.
Will my personal details stay safe?
- All transactions are secured. Assouline uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt and protect the data you send us over the internet. If SSL is enabled, you will see a padlock at the top of your browser and you can click on this to find out more information about the SSL digital certificate registration. Assouline does not keep any credit card information.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
What shipping options are available?
|Shipping Method||Estimated Delivery|
|FedEx Ground||5-10 business days|
|LTL Freight (for orders over 150lb)||5-14 business days|
|EXW Pick-Up from Warehouse||3 Processing Days + Your Shipping Method|
|FedEx International Economy||7-15 business days|
|FedEx International Priority||2-7 business days|
|International LTL Freight (for orders over 150lb)||5-14 business days|
- We do not ship to P.O. boxes.
- Please note that we do not ship to Russia and Ukraine at the moment.
How much will I be charged for delivery?
- Delivery varies depending on the weight and destination of your chosen items. You will see the delivery fee upon checkout, after you enter your shipping address information. Please note that free shipping is not available for wholesale orders.
What does the EXW Pick Up from Warehouse option mean?
- You will be contacted by a member of our team to make pick-up arrangements once the order is packed.
- It is your responsibility to pick up your order from the Assouline Warehouse located in New Jersey, at your own cost.
- It is your responsibility to pick up your order within 1 week from the time you receive a notification that the order is ready for pick up.
- If for any reason your order is not picked up, we will ship the order to you, and you will receive an invoice with shipping costs.
When will I receive my order?
- Once your order has been paid, you might expect to receive it between 5-15 business days, depending on the shipping method and destination. Please note that this estimation includes both processing and transit times.
- For any order placed during holidays, Saturday or Sunday, processing will begin on the next business day.
- Larger orders will be shipped with LTL Freight, so please allow extra time.
If I order multiple items, will they all ship at the same shipment?
- All items do not ship together. Our products ship as they become available.
- If you have Pre-Ordered titles on your order, they will ship on the estimated ship date shown on the Product Listing Page. Shipping dates are subject to change without notice.
How can I track my order?
- You will receive an email with the tracking information and an estimated delivery date for your order.
- If your order is over 150lb, it will ship with LTL Freight. Please reach out to email@example.com to get tracking information.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
What is your online return policy
- All sales are final.
What if I received a Damaged / Defective Item?
- Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of receiving your order. Please provide your order number, quantity and photos of your item and packaging. Please be aware that items which have been damaged by accident, or your own misuse, will not be considered faulty.
What is your online refund policy?
- Refunds are only accepted if books arrive damaged. Please email us at email@example.com with pictures of the damage.
- Once the refund is processed you will receive an email confirmation.
Will shipping & duties be refunded?
- No, shipping and duties are not refunded.
Where are Assouline products manufactured?
- Assouline titles are produced in Italy and Asia.
- Limited and special edition items (books, bookstands, objects) are manufactured in different countries around the world on a case-by-case basis.
- In all these workshops, the choice of the finest materials, experienced craftsmen and the extreme care devoted to all manufacturing phases of our items perpetuate and renew our tradition of excellence and refinement.
How does your pricing work?
- Assouline reserves the right to adjust prices and delivery charges without notice.
- When shopping on Assouline's wholesale website, customers must be registered and logged into their designated wholesale account which is set up by their Assouline sales representative. When logged in, your wholesale discount will be visible while shopping (you will see each product's retail price and wholesale price with discount) and at checkout.
How do I care for an Assouline book?
- As our books are delicate objects handcrafted with the finest silks, cottons, linens, papers, and other exquisite materials, to preserve their quality and lasting beauty for future generations, the following care guidelines are recommended:
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and elevated temperatures — Although Assouline books are laminated with a UV coating to ensure longevity, they are crafted with organic materials that will deteriorate if not cared for properly. Exposure to direct sunlight will cause discoloration, and elevated temperatures will break down the binding. While storage in a dark room is fine, take care to ensure it is not too humid or damp, as exposure to moisture will lead to degradation in the paper, and warp the boards and paper.
- Avoid direct exposure to water, oils, and other liquids — It is best to keep away any liquids, oils, or perfumes, as if they come into contact with the book, its slipcase or clamshell, they may remove ink or color; wrinkle pages or tip-on photographs; or lead to discoloration, warping, or further damage.
- Store your books upright with adequate room to breathe — To ensure their lasting quality, Assouline books should be stored vertically, never diagonally, on a shelf beside a supportive bookend, wall, or other book, while taking care to ensure there is enough space to avoid any friction that could cause damage to the delicate exterior.
- Routine upkeep — As accumulating dust can encourage mold and mildew growth, a regular dusting using a soft paintbrush away from the shelf is encouraged to preserve the pages and spine.
- For more information, please visit our Care Page here.
What to do if the site will not fit my screen?
- When using a desktop or a laptop, we recommend that you optimize your display configuration.
- To modify display settings on a PC, click on Start > Settings > Control Panel, then select “Display” and choose the “Settings” tab.
- To modify display settings on a Mac, click on Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays.
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 pixels.
- Screen colors: 16 bits.
How can I contact an author?
- For all press inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some authors have email addresses, contact forms, or publicity addresses on their personal websites, which we may link to on the author's detail page. You may also write to an author in care of our press department, using the following address formats: I work for a media outline interested in covering an Assouline book.
How can I request a review copy?
- Requests for Advance Reader’s Editions or books for reviewers or media must be made directly to the press department at Assouline Publishing. Email us at email@example.com and someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
How do I pitch a publishing partnership, or book, to Assouline?
- For all partnership inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I stay informed about upcoming Trade Shows?
- Please visit our Trade Shows page here.